Monday, April 6, 2009

Workout for Tuesday, April 7

Ladders

Stephanie, a friend of mine from the Houston area (goes to CrossFit Champions) gave me the idea to have a ladder week. She said they did it at her gym recently and felt that it was a great workout (that means you will be sore everyday--Yeah!)

We'll start with sit ups...Remember, you do 1 sit up the first minute, 2 sit ups the second minute, and so on until you can't complete all of the required sits ups in that minute. Record the minute you completed.

Look forward to these ladders:
Push ups
Squats (maybe, these could go on for too long though!)
Walking lunges
Box jumps (or step ups)
Wall Balls
Shoulder Press
And others...I'll have to think about more

Plus, I won't have us have a rest day--you'll just keep on going with the ladders all week.

7 comments:

  1. 50 -50
    2.5 mi run
    weighted pull overs up to 25#
    50 push ups
    sit up ladder - 39 - 40 minutes
    I finished my set of 39 and immediately started on my set of 40 when in my strain to get up at some point I must have stopped the time ( I was holding the stopwatch) and so I'm not sure if I finished the last round in time or not, but I was too pooped to go on:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief Julie!!!! You did about 800 sit ups, if my math is correct. That is CRAZY! I'm not sure I want to be you tomorrow with the ab soreness! Plus all that other stuff--you were quite the gym rat today--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sit up ladder - 21 minutes
    50-50 sit up/squat each day in April, just haven't logged until now. Still very sore in hips from run last Monday; however, made it through yesterday's 100 workout. Feeling the lunges and push ups! Not sure of my time. Do you still have it, Julie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 50/50
    sit up ladder ~ 26 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50 situps/50 squats/ 30 push ups plus Clean & Jerk at Crossfit OKC

    ReplyDelete
  6. sit up ladder - 21 minutes
    50 sit ups/50 squats/ 50 push ups

    ReplyDelete