Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Beginnings

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Even though much needed rain arrived this Easter morning, I always love the Easter season of year. The trees are budding out, the grass is turning green, everything is becoming "alive" again. As a Christian, I have just spent the last several weeks of Lent reflecting upon the coming of Christ's crucifixion and what this sacrifice means for me. Easter has arrived now, and with Easter comes victory. Christ's victory over death. His sacrifice was for all, and His victory is for all as well! What an event to celebrate--Christ is Risen!

Many of us make New Year's resolutions on January 1 each year. I like to do this, but typically my January 1 marks the end of a VERY busy 5-6 weeks with Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the hustle and bustle that goes with those holidays. January 1 kind of sneaks up on me. Easter, however, does not really sneak up--at least not for me. Easter is the time for new beginnings, why not let this be a time of new beginnings in our personal lives as well? Let's start living a more healthy lifestyle and commit to eating better and getting more active. It is really never too late!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to everyone! What a wonderful day...even with the rain! Peace, joy, rest and rebirth. My family is home and together for a short time, and we are a whole again! It is a time to celebrate new beginnings! 80 sit ups - 50 squats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY EASTER! It is new beginnings - I fixed my first holiday meal - by myself - for my family:) And it was actually good! Thanks Laura for giving us all a new beginning to life and fitness. And a small thank you for no homework!:)
    50-50

    ReplyDelete