Monday, April 13, 2009

Workout for Tuesday, April 14

5 rounds for time:

50 jumping jacks
40 squats
30 sit ups
20 walking lunges
10 push ups

I am linking video below because I think it is kind of a fun explanation of the Paleo Diet and why people are adopting this diet lifestyle in increasing numbers. Don't get too hung up on the evolution stuff, I don't think the information really changes regardless of whether you believe in creation or evolution. The video points out that genetically we are pretty unchanged in mankind's history. The Paleo Diet theory is that we should eat the way we were created to eat. I personally love the concept. I find the simplicity very attractive and amazingly easy to follow (after the first few difficult days that is.) True Paleo followers do not eat or drink milk and cheese, which I do in limited quantities. I also don't get too hung up in where my meat comes from. I suppose I may eventually "evolve" into a more true Paleo person, but for now I am content and successful with following the basic guidelines of the diet. I would encourage all of you to attempt a 2 week trial run of NO GRAINS. Yes, that means no bread, rice, pasta and cereal regardless of whether it is whole grain or not. Be sure to eat plenty of protein, either lean meat or eggs, some fruits, lots of vegetables, and do not shy away from good fat sources (like cashews, almonds, olive oil, etc.) I think you will be glad you tried it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFZoqmKf5M

Also, you might like this video about how we came to think of grains in such a friendly light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4&feature=related



7 comments:

  1. 13 minutes for the workout

    75 sit ups - 75 squats

    weighted pullovers

    ReplyDelete
  2. No energy today. Workout time - 26:38

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 rounds of today's workout 29:30

    ReplyDelete
  4. 28 min. R sweet potato on the paleo diet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pam! Great to hear from you! Since I wasn't positive about sweet potatoes, I asked Hans (www.hansplum.com) about them. He says they are great, particularly after a workout. I believe the reason for that is that the carbs are more efficiently burned in the 30-60 minutes after a workout. I'll ask about that part for sure, but in answer to your question...sweet potatoes are just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH! I was finally able to log in! I'm playing catch up with this workout tonight so I'll post my scores tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4.5 rounds in 23 minutes...I'm such a quitter! :(

    ReplyDelete