Sunday, May 17, 2009

Workout for Monday, May 18

3 rounds for time:

Run 400m
21 dumbbell swings
12 push ups

Food for today:

(keep in mind that I am merely semi-educated guessing, but this is a big improvement over the last few weeks!)

Breakfast--protein shake made with 1/2 cup milk, some water, 1 cup fruit, 2/3 scoop protein powder and fish oil. Guesstimating at 3 1/2 blocks protein, 3 blocks carbs, lots of fat from the fish oil (but I'm not really counting it much since it is considered a supplement.)

Lunch--1 oz. cheese, 2 oz. shaved turkey, 6 cashews--P-3 blocks, F-2 blocks

Dinner--4 oz. steak, 1 cup mixed veggies (asparagus, squash, etc.), 1/2 cup fruit--P-4 blocks, C-2 blocks

Total--P--10.5, C--6 blocks, F--2 blocks plus fish oil

Workouts for the day--63# clean and jerk, 77 reps--11:45, workout from above--11:04



8 comments:

  1. Hope you guys had a fun class today, I'm in TX visiting my sister. So sad I missed running! :)

    We did our own workout today (she's 5 months pregnant and kept up great!!)

    3 rounds for time:

    25 pushups
    25 situps
    25 squats
    25 walking lunges
    25 good mornings

    My time was 12:40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found last months workout on April 20. Used 20# dumbbell both times.
    New PR for me by 1 min.! Thought I was out of breath today, but looks like I did better than I thought. Time: 14 something.
    1.5 mile walk on Friday and today.
    And, Molly I missed you as Julie and Laura (the runners) blew by me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I forgot, we walked further today and Friday. So maybe 2+ miles each day. I'll have to see tomorrow exactly how far we're walking. I hope to encourage my friend to walk further with me and maybe get some situps and squats in each day at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great on the improvement, Julie!
    Molly--glad you got your sister going with the workout too! Looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30# weight and probably about the same time between 9:50 and 10:00
    3 more miles today - 2 biked, 1 run - up to 5 miles logged this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. two blocks of fat? giiiiiiiiiiiiirl, that's a long ways from 40. you clearly don't yearn for cashews the way i do. (did i even spell yearn correct? the thought of cashews is messing with me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Shanna--I do take 4 tablespoons--yes I said four--of fish oil every day (and sometimes even MORE.) That is a lot of fat. I don't always count it, but I am definitely getting plenty of fat each day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh. i couldn't take that much fish oil. but as long as you're good to go :)

    ReplyDelete