Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do Overs

Isn't it great how each day brings an opportunity to start over? Morning brings such optimism and promise. I realize that restarting some things are much harder than others, but the little everyday steps we can make toward improving our lives, or the lives of those around us, can be as simple as a decision when you wake up in the morning.

You can choose to be more positive and cheerful. You can choose to be more forgiving. You can choose to be more generous. You can choose to be a better mother, father, sister, brother, student, teacher, friend, employee, employer, citizen...you name it! You can choose to spend more time outside enjoying God's creation, or spend more time inside holding the hand of a friend in need. Yes, we live busy lives, but we also have lives with lots of time to fill--how you fill it is largely your own personal choice. Are you choosing wisely?

My "do-over" for tomorrow is to get back to better eating habits. I did great during the nearly 7 weeks of Lent, but since then I have been pretty hit and miss on my diet. I haven't gone REALLY crazy, but I have cheated a little bit nearly every day. I am committing right now to log my food intake for the next two weeks on this blog. My goal will be to eat approximately 10 blocks of protein, 40 blocks fat, and 5 blocks of carbs. (This is Zone diet talk--don't worry about understanding it--I will just log my food and give the block accounting with this goal in mind.) We'll see how it goes, and how ugly it gets!

The main reason I want to start logging my food again is that when I eat better, I feel SO much better. The difference is incredible. I've been a little sluggish lately--I need to get back to a good diet and pushing harder on workouts. This is not the time of year to feel crummy.

Have you had any "do-overs" lately?

3 comments:

  1. mile 2 logged for this week - I think - 4 times around the Redhawks stadium

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I started a do-over on my diet today too. I'm the same with a little bit of crap everyday. Well okay some days alot but shhhhh. How about we hold each other accountable? I think part of my problem is that with Paul gone no one sees what I really eat which is probably not good :)

    ReplyDelete