Sunday, February 8, 2009

You Do Know Squat!

The very first thing we will be doing during our very first hour of our very first FCC workout class is the air squat. Why? Because it is the most important exercise we will do to keep us healthy and mobile for the rest of our lives, that's why!!! But isn't it bad for our knees? NO! Done properly, it is good for not only your knees, but your hips and back as well. Squatting is how you get in and out of a chair. Squatting is how the majority of the world's population sits. I'm sure squatting is how you sat much of the time when you were a kid---See! You do know squat!

After you learn to properly do the squat, we will be doing them...a lot. Not only is squatting a natural functional movement, but it also helps with the appearance of the backside. I don't know about you, but my rear end was residing on the back of my legs for more years than I want to contemplate. NO MORE! And that is because of the squat.

I have put a link to a video on the right side of this blog--watch it! This will give you valuable information on how to perform the air squat. We'll work on this in our FCC exercise group. I know you will become as proud as I am of saying "I do know squat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment