Monday, February 16, 2009

Workout for Tuesday, February 17

Workout for today:

Push up ladder

With a stopwatch (or clock with a second hand), do 1 pushup in the first minute, 2 pushups in the second minute, 3 pushups in the third minute, etc. until you cannot do all the pushups within that minute. Push ups need to be ALL in one style (from the toes, knees, counter top or wall). If you start on your toes--do all of them that way.

So, if you get to the minute with 8 pushups and you cannot get all 8 completed within that minute...you are finished. Record what round of pushups you were able to COMPLETE. I know that the first 3 minutes go by SO slowly. Believe me--you won't think the minutes go by slowly at about the 5 minute mark!

Many of you have told me that you feel you are lacking in upper body strength. The good old pushup is one thing we'll do to improve that. In fact--I am going to give you a pushup challenge in March--3000 to be exact. I hope you will consider taking up this challenge, starting on March 1. The challenge amounts to approximately 100 pushups each day. You will be AMAZED at what this will do for you! Let me know if you are in...

10 comments:

  1. I'm in for the 3000 push up challenge. I did it last summer with knee push ups and was amazed at how fast my upper body gained strength. This time I'm in for REAL push ups.
    I accomplished my last goal doing 10 at a time throughout the day and didn't go to bed until I had done all 100 for the day. As I got stronger, I could do more and more at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for the push up challenge - can't wait to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completed 10 within the minute. That got hard. I was surprised by that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie--I bet you didn't realize that you had done 55 push ups in that amount of time...and that is way it got hard! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Push-up Ladder: 10 from the toes. Don't let anyone tell you that 55 push ups isn't an aerobic exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, seemed so easy at first and then got hard really quickly at the end!! Push-up ladder: 8 from the knees. I was working on 9, but my arms gave out on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Push-up ladder from knees: 7 on second try as arms gave out. Stopped near end of first round to have Brad see if I was following directions. Restarted from beginning. I figured I did 43 push-ups with poor technique...still need to go all the way to the floor; however, I am on my knees and not on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Push-up ladder from knees: 7 from the knees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My technique on my toes was so bad, I stopped and started over. From knees: 15 My goal is to just be able to eventually do one correctly from my toes without cheating!

    ReplyDelete