Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Workout

Happy Valentine's Day!


The workout for today is:

400 meter walking lunge for time--counting your steps

For me, 400 meters takes about 400 lunges. Use that as your guide if you don't have a good 1/4 mile route, or if you need to do it inside. Okay, so that is a lot of lunges. Just go until you are so wobbly that you can't go any further. This is very hard and you will definitely feel it over the next couple of days on your backside. Do it anyway. If you can't do 400, fine--do less. One of these days you will do them all.

As for form, please watch the video. It was really slow uploading for me. You can do a YouTube search on walking lunges and probably find a good video. Just make sure that the knee of your front leg stays over your heel. The knee of your trailing leg should almost touch the ground. Also, DO NOT put your hands on your thighs and lean into the lunges. You can put your hands on your waist, or leave them loosely on your sides.

This will take a long time. The fastest people can do this in about 12 or 13 minutes. I would say that typically it should be around 25 minutes.

There won't be any homework listed for Sunday the 15th. Enjoy the day off!

8 comments:

  1. 400 lunges, 16:06
    This really never gets easier! Now I will wait for the soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I only did 300 lunges, and it was about 14 minutes. Julie and I did them together outside the gym, but we didn't have a watch to time exact! My legs were total Jello afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Molly said, we did these this morning BEFORE we went for an assessment at ASPEN where he made us do more squats and jumping - OUCH. Not a smart move on my part to do it before - but I didn't know...
    So I did 400 in 14 minutes. Yeah, I hurt in places I haven't before. I want to do it on the treadmill next time and pace it to see exactly how far 1/4 mi compared to lunges is. That was a great work out though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you guys did great! How's the old backside feeling today? I'm sore, and I just did this about a month ago! And you were so fast--the first time I did this was at about 23 or so minutes. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - sore today in new areas. Good though.
    Did the 13X again for 3:30

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Kayla.
    Did the 13 workout with mom today.
    Time was 4:58.
    Can I come to class tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the rear end is VERY sore!! Added to my already sore hamstrings from the good mornings and I'm hardly walking yet again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes of course you can come, Kayla!
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete