Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Workout for Wednesday, February 11

Tabata Sit Ups

A tabata is eight 20 second intervals, with 10 seconds of rest in between. So...do sit ups for 20 seconds (counting them), rest for 10 seconds and repeat for a total of 8 times. Your "score" is the lowest number of sit ups in any of the intervals.

I know that I am heavy on the sit ups for the homework this week. I'm doing this because I think your legs are probably a little sore from the squats. Hopefully everyone will be less sore tomorrow and ready to go hard at it again! If you missed the workout from Tuesday, plan to do that on Thursday. I plan to leave Thursdays and Sundays as open days--you can either rest or make up a workout from another day.

Thanks for all the great comments! I know this style of workout probably surprised you by the difficulty--don't worry--all of that will get easier. I will warn you though--I have been doing this for almost 2 years and I am STILL a little sore nearly every day. I love that though-and I bet you will too!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I am not very good at being accountable; however, if I'm not accountable to myself, I won't do the workouts. I was very sore last night and today. I also switched the work and rest times the first time I did the Tabata situps and had to redo them a few hours later. Here's my times to date:
    2/9 30-20-10 Double Unders Situps: 6:12
    2/10 5 pushups, 10 situps, 15 squats: 5 x
    2/11 Tabata Sit Ups: 8 (it's 5 if I counted situps for 10 seconds and rested 20 seconds...liked that better!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....did my tabata situps a day late!
    Score: 14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabata sit-ups score: 7 (it was 8 until my VERY last round!!)

    ReplyDelete