Monday, February 9, 2009

So...how was the first day?

For those of you who came to our class today...how was it? Were you surprised? Please comment your thoughts, etc. I would love to hear from you! Especially today, and not tomorrow when you are pretty sore!

So, the workout today was:

30-20-10 Double unders and sit ups
(subs for double unders: 3x single unders or 1x step ups)

I will e-mail those who did this workout in class their time. Enter that on the comments if you want to have it to refer back to in a month or so when we do this one again. I will be very surprised if you don't see an incredible improvement in time.

Did you like the Abmat? I love them--sit ups are really much more comfortable with that little bit of support. I will need to order some more for our class. There is a price break if I order more than 10--is anyone interested? The price with shipping would be $29.50. These would be great to have at home for our homework!

The always clever Trish came up with a better, more interesting name for this blog--"Get Lean with Laura". I'll get that changed when I figure out how to do it!

Sometime later tonight I will post tomorrow's homework. I'll try to remember that you will be sore. For the next week or two, please practice your squats. Try to do 10 at a time, three different times during the day. Build up to doing 50 in a row (but you only have to do this once a day) Yes, I said 50. This may take several weeks to get to. Be sure to use your good squatting form!

Finally, I have added a list in the lower right corner of some items you might want to begin accumulating at home for our homework. The jump ropes are only $4 at Academy. I'll try to have homework with minimal equipment needs at first, and there are always substitutes.

9 comments:

  1. Great workout today, Laura!! Sure makes me realize how out-of-shape my abs are and boy, my cardio needs improving!! Please put me down for an Abmat. Those are great and the whole family can use it. I had to make cookies this afternoon for a school event. You'll be glad to know that I didn't even eat one! I didn't want to undo all the good hard work I did today! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are off to a great start! Thanks, Laura! I'm posting my time today so I can refer back to it and see if I made improvements!

    30-20-10 Double Unders/Sit-ups
    3:18 with 3X single unders

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...my thighs will love me tomorrow! Had fun today Laura....thanks! Jumping rope is so tough. Tha air squat video is so informative. I don't think I've ever done a squat correctly! I did like the Abmat Laura. I'm used to doing more crunch stuff on a ball.
    30-20-10 Double Unders/Sit-ups
    4:24 with 3X single unders

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought today was awesome! I love the workout and the challenge of learning new things. It'll be a great addition to my workouts for sure! A break from the running for me:) Thank you Laura for being such an encourager and inspiration!
    30-20-10 workout: 3:09

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura!!! I have never done anything quite like this and I loved it! I love that feeling in your legs when they are so tight and you can really feel how hard you worked . . . I might be singing a different song when I try to get out of bed tomorrow:)
    30-20-10 Double Unders/Sit-ups
    6:12 with 3X single unders

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thighs are screaming today! Anyone else in the same boat? Stairs are a killer! Thanks Laura for a great first session. You are a born teacher!

    30-20-10 Double Unders/Sit-ups
    4:20 with 3X single unders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Laura! Hardest workout I've ever done. You are an inspiration to all of us! I'm sore in all the right places...but it's a good sore. I say that today; however, I haven't done today's homework and not sure how successful I will be. Cardio has always been a weakness for me...hope this is a jump-start (pun intended) to a new level of fitness for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, posting my time on this to refer back to...
    30-20-10 Double Unders/Sit-ups
    6:05 with 3x single unders
    Looking forward to next time! :)

    ReplyDelete