Monday, February 9, 2009

Workout for Tuesday, February 10

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:

5 push ups
10 sit ups
15 squats

For the push ups: if you can't do them from your toes, do them from the knees, or counter top, or wall. Try to get full range of motion (chest to the floor.) The push ups will be the hardest part of this workout. See the video link on the right side of this page for correct push up form.

Either put your number of rounds in the comments, or record them someplace at home--we will do this again!

Remember to use good squatting form--watch the video! Roll a towel up or use a pillow for your back on the sit ups.

Keep telling yourself--it's only 10 minutes...

3 comments:

  1. wow - that was fun! ha ha
    12 complete reps. I'm so going for 13 next time - I was on my 13th set of squats when the timer was up - frustrating.
    I alternated push ups with bent knee and from the toe - so I guess I should aim for all on toe next time also.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I am really sore now! I was only able to get in 5 and 1/2 reps (yes, I am going to count the 1/2!!). By the 4th round of squats, my thighs were on fire! I could not believe how these exercises get your heart rate up . . . hopefully, I can add a rep each week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie and Trish--Great job!
    Wow on the 12 and 2/3 rounds Julie--and YES! Go from the toes the whole time next time. It will be much harder and your number of rounds will be less, but you gotta go for the maximum!

    And Trish--I'm way impressed that you did this one after Mondays squats! At least now you will be sore someplace other than the legs--maybe that will take your mind off of that soreness? Ha! I can't wait for you to look back on this in a month or so and see how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete