Monday, June 1, 2009

Workout for Monday and/or Tuesday, June 1 and 2

First of all, I am very sorry not to have posted this earlier. I am still on limited internet access--but that is about to end. My new computer is in and I should be up and running again by tomorrow afternoon. I didn't realize how much I depended upon it until it was gone.

Next--a June challenge. My family is doing 100 push ups and 100 sit ups each day. Since my shoulder is a problem, I am doing 100 squats and 100 sit ups. I may also try to throw in 50 double unders a day, though I'm not sure about that. So--the challenge for you? I would say to pick something that you think you need to work on and do it every day for the month. You are welcome to follow the examples from my family, or make up your own. Just do SOMETHING!!!

Choose one of these workouts to do today and one tomorrow:

3 rounds for time:

5 burpees
15 broomstick thrusters
25 good mornings

--or--

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

--Plyo Squats*
--Plyo Push ups**

*Plyo Squats--squat down, then jump up at least 1" from the floor when rising
**Plyo Push ups--regular lowering of push up, then when rising--push off the floor. Hands should leave the floor a little.

6 comments:

  1. Went for a mile bike ride
    tried the plyos - 3:15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plyo Squats/Push ups ~ 4:38
    Really hard to get hands off the floor towards the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. swam 10 laps
    100 pool push ups and 100 sit ups on the pool lounger - love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 bupee, etc. workout 3:17
    100 sit ups
    100 push ups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wednesday
    score for bottom to bottom? workout: 17
    100 situps

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 mile walk Mon. & Tues.
    Thursday make-up day of 5 burpee etc. workout - 6:12; walked 1.5 mile, 30 sit ups, 10 push ups, lifted, carried 6 bags of 60 lb. quickcrete mix.
    (on a fun note, showed my walking friend good mornings...she's going to hate me tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete