Sunday, June 7, 2009

Workout for Monday, June 9

400 meter walking lunge for time--counting your steps

I did this yesterday at the Memorial H.S. track. It took 436 lunges and 16:24 minutes. I just cannot seem to do this any faster and honestly, I'm not sure that speed is really that important here. I am now awaiting the inevitable soreness that I know will hit my backside. If you feel you just can't do 400, fine--do less. One of these days you will do them all. Watch the video for instruction, and make sure that the knee of your front leg stays over your heel. The knee of your trailing leg should almost touch the ground. Also, DO NOT put your hands on your thighs and lean into the lunges. You can put your hands on your waist, or leave them loosely on your sides.

Also...
Since I FINALLY am up and running on my new laptop, I will begin logging my food intake. I'll try to add that at the end of each day. My goal is to do this for one month. Don't get too excited about innovative or creative meals here...I am basic and boring most of the time. I also will be doing some estimating, but I will try to guess high rather than low on things.

I'll try to do better at quantities and measuring, but the main goal is to stick with little or no grains and sugar.

Breakfast--protein shake made with 1/2 cup milk, some water, 1 cup fruit, 2/3 scoop protein powder and fish oil. Guesstimating at 3 1/2 blocks protein, 3 blocks carbs, lots of fat from the fish oil (but I'm not really counting it much since it is considered a supplement.)
Lunch--1 string cheese, 2 oz. deli turkey, small apple and dip (dip made from cream cheese, almond butter, honey and cinammon) Guessing at 3 blocks protein, 2 blocks carbs, 3-4 blocks fat
Dinner--4 oz. meatloaf, made with very little breadcrumbs and about a cup of fruit, Guessing at 4 blocks protein, 3 blocks carbs, 3 blocks fat
Snacks--2 pieces of chocolate--2 blocks carbs (guessing)

Total--Protein: 10.5, Carbs: 10, Fat: 7 plus 3T. fish oil (No veggies today--need to fix that!)

Workout for the day--21-15-9, 24" Box Jumps, 1/2 pood KB swings, 63# Sumo Deadlift High Pull--7:04

3 comments:

  1. 100 sit ups
    100 jumping jacks
    (caught up on Saturday's push up ladder)
    Hope to get in lunges later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. had the mile walk with family - now will work on lunges - maybe later tonight - when not so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the 400 meter lunges around the track at Memorial on lane 4 full knee to ground - have the road rash to prove it. took me 415 lunges to go once around at 13:45

    ReplyDelete